What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from Bloomington, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from Bloomington, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from Bloomington, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from Bloomington, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the Bloomington, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in Bloomington, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Bloomington, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Mental Health Assistance in Bloomington, CA for Struggling Youth
Clearview Girls Academy is the favored choice for parents from Bloomington, CA, who are seeking an therapeutic boarding school to offer help to their troubled child experiencing ADD/ADHD (attentional disorder), pain medication abuse/addiction, or academic failure related trials. Here at Clearview, parents and families from Bloomington, CA can expect the best results from our compassionate and licensed therapists. Our research-validated approach to a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) and outdoor recreation and adventure therapy makes our work a success! Clearview’s serene and distraction-free setting helps even the most treatment-resistant teens find their way toward healing and restoration.
It’s our absolute respect for every student (and family) that we work with that sets our therapeutic boarding school apart from the others. Clearview’s therapists acknowledge and appreciate the common issues that teenagers from Bloomington, CA are faced with every day. With decades of collective experience in the residential treatment center industry, our therapists can quickly identify and help food addiction (binge eating, overeating) issues, trials related to bullying (or being bullied), and the causes for academic failure.
Clearview has served numerous troubled students from Bloomington, CA, and we can offer help for your child too. Don’t hesitate to contact Clearview’s family advocates for more information regarding enrollment, tuition, and insurance options. For testimonials from current and past Clearview families, connect with our family advocate at (888) 796-5484 today!
“yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries. In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you; but they will give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God. The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without complaint. As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 4:1-11