What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from Cypress, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from Cypress, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from Cypress, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from Cypress, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the Cypress, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in Cypress, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Cypress, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Support for Parents of At-risk Adolescents in Cypress, CA
Many families from Cypress, CA who are searching for direction, have made Clearview Girls Academy their first choice for their at-risk child who may be undergoing alcohol dependence, peer conflict, or ADD/ADHD (attentional disorder) related trials. Here at Clearview, our counselors understand the common issues that at-risk adolescent girls from Cypress, CA are faced with every day; and we provide direction to our teen students, so they can recognize and deal with their social-related problems in a way that is both healthy and productive. Our robust outdoor recreation and adventure therapy programs rely on connection, trust, and respect; thus inspiring an internally motivated rehabilitation that lasts a lifetime.
As a result, Clearview is faithful to meeting the particular needs of each teen with the utmost professionalism and compassion. Clearview’s counselors and field staff discourage the use of judgments and labels, and never condone one’s diagnosis to interfere with a troubled teen’s sense of self or ability to form friendships with one another. Clearview has provided support to numerous families from all over the nation. Our licensed counselors provide superior treatment to set the path of rehabilitation for adolescent girls troubled with obstacles such as behavioral or process addiction (porn, gaming), seasonal affective disorder, or even peer conflict.
Clearview has transformed the lives of countless at-risk adolescent girls over the years, including many from Cypress, CA. Our approach has improved the lives of our at-risk teen students, and their families. We see that troubled teens can grow to be healthy adults with a desire to succeed! Clearview understands that in order for our at-risk teen students to experience real rehabilitation, the entire family needs to be part of the life skills development and experiential education direction that our counselors provide. Our admissions specialists can be reached immediately at (888) 796-5484.
“I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, hear my speech. Wondrously show Your lovingkindness, O Savior of those who take refuge at Your right hand From those who rise up against them. Keep me as Lit the pupil, the daughter of the eyethe apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings” Psalms 17:6-8