What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from Downey, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from Downey, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from Downey, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from Downey, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the Downey, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in Downey, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Downey, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Downey, CA Resources for Parents and Troubled Adolescents
Clearview Girls Academy is the favored choice for parents from Downey, CA, who are searching for an therapeutic boarding school to provide direction to their at-risk child battling self-harming behavior, drug abuse/addiction (including marijuana), or anger related obstacles. Here at Clearview, parents and families from Downey, CA can expect the best results from our compassionate and professional counselors. Our research-validated approach to a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) and outdoor recreation and adventure therapy makes our work a success! Clearview’s serene and distraction-free setting helps even the most treatment-resistant adolescent girls find their way toward healing and rehabilitation.
As a result, Clearview is faithful to meeting the particular needs of each teen with the utmost professionalism and compassion. Clearview’s counselors and field staff discourage the use of judgments and labels, and never condone one’s diagnosis to interfere with a troubled teen’s sense of self or ability to form friendships with one another. Clearview has provided support to numerous families from all over the nation. Our licensed counselors provide superior treatment to set the path of rehabilitation for adolescent girls troubled with obstacles such as behavioral or process addiction (porn, gaming), seasonal affective disorder, or even peer conflict.
In short, the counselors at Clearview are skilled at assisting troubled adolescent girls from Downey, CA with lasting rehabilitation. As a top-notch therapeutic boarding school, we offer a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy), outdoor recreation and adventure therapy, and life skills development and experiential education; leading our teen students to a healthy, balanced life. If you feel you may benefit from our therapeutic boarding school, we encourage you to contact our admissions specialists as the first step to creating lasting change in your at-risk child’s life. We provide support to vulnerable teens from Downey, CA. Call us at (888) 796-5484 to speak with one of our knowledgeable admissions specialists today!
“But You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, Slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth. Turn to me, and be gracious to me; Oh grant Your strength to Your servant, And save the son of Your handmaid. Show me a sign for good, That those who hate me may see it and be ashamed, Because You, O Lord, have helped me and comforted me.” Psalms 86:15-17