What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from Glendora, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from Glendora, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from Glendora, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from Glendora, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the Glendora, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in Glendora, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Glendora, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Counseling for Parents of Struggling Teenage Girls from Glendora, CA
Families from Glendora, CA have made Clearview Girls Academy their first choice for child recovery and support. Parents, investigating assistance for their child, can expect a team of compassionate, licensed therapists and leaders here at Clearview. Clearview operates from the understanding that "recovery" must come from the inside-out, not from the outside-in. We are devoted to the life skills development and experiential education for all teenage girls, who may be wrestling with gender dysphoria, pornography addiction (online or magazines), or separation anxiety challenges, but also the entire family; with the support they need for lasting recovery.
Clearview’s therapists and field staff discourage judgments and labels, and never allow a diagnosis to interfere with what struggling girls have in common with each other - their humanity. We have provided support to numerous families from all over the nation, including those from Glendora, CA; Our expert therapists offer a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy); helping students toward the path of recovery for adolescent girls wrestling with alcohol abuse/overuse, self-harming behavior, or narcissistic behavior related challenges.
Clearview has served numerous struggling students from Glendora, CA, and we can offer assistance for your child too. Don’t hesitate to contact Clearview’s intake counselors for more information regarding enrollment, tuition, and insurance options. For testimonials from current and past Clearview families, connect with our intake counselor at (888) 796-5484 today!
“walk in the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice, To endow those who love me with wealth, That I may fill their treasuries.” Proverbs 8:20-21