Group Homes for Troubled Adolescent Girls from Harlingen, TX
Group homes for troubled teens from Harlingen, TX, as the name appropriately suggests, are residential treatment facilities that operate and perform more like a house than they do a traditional RTC.
Advocates of the therapy claim this home-like atmosphere equips teenage girls from Harlingen, TX with a more familiarized form of counseling and trust among classmates, peers, and staff.
These specialized alternative forms of RTC's are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over the country. While there might not be any nearby group homes in the state of Harlingen, TX, parents can utilize transportation services to send their daughter to any facility throughout the US.
Those who buy into the therapeutic usefulness of group homes maintain their position for a few primary reasons:
- Group homes teach teenage girls from Harlingen, TX how to appropriately conduct themselves within a family dynamic. Consequently, teenage girls from Harlingen, TX can then learn how to work well with family members and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a limited number of therapeutic staff and students (so as to simulate a home-like atmosphere). This intimate ratio allows one-on-one attention and personal bonding opportunities that other, larger, and more conventional RTC's cannot provide due to their comparatively large staff and student resident count.
- Teens who enroll in a group home before returning home are better prepped to assimilate themselves into their family unit. This is largely thanks to the fact that group homes serve as a form of "practice" that better prepares them for their return home.
What Types of Problems do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from Harlingen, TX Rehabilitate?
While group homes are highly specialized, at the end of the day, they are still residential treatment centers. As such, they treat and rehabilitate many of the same issues that other RTC's do.
Group homes (including those in or around the Harlingen, TX area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues (but not limited to):
- Drug experimentation and abuse
- Major depressive disorder
- Academic issues
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Eating disorders
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in Harlingen, TX Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Harlingen, TX provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Direction for Parents of At-risk Teenagers in Harlingen, TX
Clearview Girls Academy is the first choice for Harlingen, TX parents searching for a top-notch therapeutic boarding school to provide direction to their at-risk child undergoing alcohol dependence, peer conflict, or self-harming behavior related trials. Because working with highly resistant adolescent girls is challenging, most programs rely on level systems, punishments, and other behavioral techniques to manage a teen student’s behavior. Here at Clearview, we recognize that the circumstances of one troubled child doesn’t always apply to all of our teen students. Because of this, Clearview is faithful to the life skills development and experiential education for each adolescent girl, and we do this with professionalism and care.
It’s our absolute respect for every teen student (and family) that we work with that sets our therapeutic boarding school apart from the others. Clearview’s counselors acknowledge and appreciate the common issues that teens from Harlingen, TX are faced with every day. With decades of collective experience in the residential treatment center industry, our counselors can quickly identify and help behavioral or process addiction (porn, gaming) trials, obstacles related to seasonal affective disorder, and the causes for anger.
Because we specialize in a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) and deliver outdoor recreation and adventure therapy, at-risk teens can grow to be healthy adults, and Clearview’s teen students can emerge as strong people who are motivated to succeed. Clearview recognizes that the entire family needs the support that our licensed counselors provide; so that your child can be rehabilitated and whole. Clearview’s admissions specialists can be reached immediately at (888) 796-5484.
“He who withholds his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him diligently.” Proverbs 13:24