What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from La Mesa, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from La Mesa, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from La Mesa, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from La Mesa, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the La Mesa, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in La Mesa, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in La Mesa, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Mental Health Resources for Troubled Adolescents in La Mesa, CA
Families from La Mesa, CA, exploring direction for their troubled child, trust the support that Clearview Girls Academy provides for teenage girls who may be taking part in dilemmas related to internet addiction (social media, porn, YouTube), sexual abuse, or eating disorder. Here at Clearview, our professional clinicians have a deep and wise understanding of the issues that troubled teen girls from La Mesa, CA are suffering from every day. With dedication and expertise, our team provides support to our struggling young clients, so they may recognize and deal with their meth abuse/addiction or drug dependence in a way that is both healthy and productive. We specialize in a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy), that is based on a solid trifecta of trust and respect. Through this approach, we inspire an internally motivated remediation that lasts a lifetime.
Because working with highly resistant teenage girls is challenging, most programs rely on level systems, punishments, and other behavioral techniques to manage the teen girl’s behavior. However, Clearview recognizes that the personal circumstances of one troubled child doesn’t always apply to all of our young clients. Because of this, Clearview’s experienced clinicians are dedicated to the management of each teenagers requirements; and they do this with professionalism and sympathy. At Clearview Girls Academy, we involve the entire family (especially the parents) in the teenager’s therapy, remediation, and support. Clearview has served numerous troubled teen girls over the years. Our track record has proven to cause life changing results for our young clients and their families.
Clearview has transformed the lives of countless troubled teen girls over the years, including many from La Mesa, CA. Our approach has improved the lives of our troubled young clients, and their families. We see that struggling teenage girls can grow to be healthy adults with a desire to succeed! Clearview understands that in order for our troubled young clients to experience real remediation, the entire family needs to be part of the life skills development and experiential education support that our clinicians deliver. Our family consultants can be reached immediately at (888) 796-5484.
“Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.” Luke 6:31