What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from Norwalk, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from Norwalk, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from Norwalk, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from Norwalk, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the Norwalk, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in Norwalk, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Norwalk, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Mental Health Direction in Norwalk, CA for Troubled Teenage Girls
Clearview Girls Academy is the trusted choice for parents from Norwalk, CA who may be exploring the optimal therapeutic boarding school to deliver support for their troubled child who may be suffering from stress disorder, meth abuse/addiction, or anger misconduct related dilemmas. Here at Clearview, parents and families from Norwalk, CA can expect only the best results from our compassionate and experienced clinicians. Our research-validated approach to a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) and outdoor recreation and adventure therapy has proven to deliver tremendous success!
We are proud to deliver inspired direction to ensure a lasting remediation. We have the utmost respect for every young client and family that we work with, and this is something that sets our therapeutic boarding school apart from the rest. Clearview’s clinicians acknowledge and appreciate the issues that teen girls from Norwalk, CA deal with every day. With decades of collective experience in the therapeutic boarding school industry, Clearview’s clinicians have the ability to quickly assess, identify, and deliver support to teenage girls suffering from drug dependence dilemmas, challenges related to bipolar disorder, and causes for sexual promiscuity.
Our purpose is to see your struggling child make a successful transition into adulthood, while living independently as a dignified young adult. Don’t hesitate to contact Clearview’s family consultants for more information regarding enrollment, tuition, and insurance options. For testimonials from current and past Clearview families, reach out to our team; call one of our experienced family consultants at (888) 796-5484, and discover how we can deliver a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) for your troubled child today!
“When you shall eat of the Lit laborfruit of your hands, You will be happy and it will be well with you. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine Within your house, Your children like olive plants Around your table. Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the Lord.” Psalms 128:2-4