What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from Petaluma, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from Petaluma, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from Petaluma, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from Petaluma, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the Petaluma, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in Petaluma, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Petaluma, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Guidance for Parents of Troubled Teenage Girls from Petaluma, CA
Families from Petaluma, CA have made Clearview Girls Academy their top choice when it comes to the healing and change of their troubled child struggling with dilemmas related to bipolar disorder, opiate abuse/addiction, or oppositional defiant disorder. Parents can expect Clearview to have a team of staff consisting of compassionate, skilled practitioners and leaders. Our practitioners operate with the understanding that change must first come from the inside, rather than from external influences. Clearview is devoted to the proper help, not only for your troubled child, but your entire family as well.
Clearview’s practitioners and field staff discourage judgments and labels, and never allow a diagnosis to interfere with what at-risk teenage girls have in common with each other - their humanity. We have provided guidance to numerous families from all over the nation, including those from Petaluma, CA; Our skilled practitioners provide a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy); helping students toward the path of change for teen girls struggling with alcohol dependence, bipolar disorder, or defiance related problems.
Our purpose is to see your troubled child make a successful transition into adulthood, while living independently as a dignified young adult. Don’t hesitate to contact Clearview’s intake counselors for more information regarding enrollment, tuition, and insurance options. For testimonials from current and past Clearview families, reach out to our team; call one of our expert intake counselors at (888) 796-5484, and discover how we can provide a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) for your at-risk child today!
“The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, But He loves one who pursues righteousness.” Proverbs 15:9