What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from San Bernardino, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from San Bernardino, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from San Bernardino, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from San Bernardino, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the San Bernardino, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in San Bernardino, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in San Bernardino, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Mental Health Help in San Bernardino, CA for Struggling Teenagers
Many families from San Bernardino, CA who are wanting guidance, have made Clearview Girls Academy their first choice for their struggling child who may be undergoing drug abuse/addiction (including marijuana), kleptomania, or anxiety related problems. Here at Clearview, our counselors understand the common issues that struggling teenagers from San Bernardino, CA are faced with every day; and we give guidance to our young students, so they can recognize and deal with their social-related problems in a way that is both healthy and productive. Our robust outdoor recreation and adventure therapy programs rely on connection, trust, and respect; thus inspiring an internally motivated transformation that lasts a lifetime.
Because working with highly resistant adolescents is challenging, most programs rely on level systems, punishments, and other behavioral techniques to manage the girl’s behavior. However, Clearview recognizes that the personal circumstances of one struggling child doesn’t always apply to all of our young students. Because of this, Clearview’s professional counselors are dedicated to the management of each adolescents requirements; and they do this with professionalism and sympathy. At Clearview Girls Academy, we involve the entire family (especially the parents) in the adolescent’s therapy, transformation, and guidance. Clearview has served numerous struggling teenagers over the years. Our track record has proven to cause life changing results for our young students and their families.
Because we specialize in a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) and provide outdoor recreation and adventure therapy, struggling adolescents can grow to be healthy adults, and Clearview’s young students can emerge as strong people who are motivated to succeed. Clearview recognizes that the entire family needs the help that our trained counselors give; so that your child can be rehabilitated and whole. Clearview’s consultants can be reached immediately at (888) 796-5484.
“but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not intending to please people, but to please God, who examines our hearts.” 1 Thessalonians 2:4