What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from Torrance, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from Torrance, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from Torrance, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from Torrance, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the Torrance, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in Torrance, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in Torrance, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Torrance, CA Mental Health Resources for Struggling Youth
Clearview Girls Academy is the first choice for Torrance, CA parents investigating a superior therapeutic boarding school to offer assistance to their struggling child experiencing pain medication abuse/addiction, poor academics, or sleep disorder related obstacles. Because working with highly resistant teenage girls is challenging, most programs rely on level systems, punishments, and other behavioral techniques to manage a student’s behavior. Here at Clearview, we recognize that the circumstances of one at-risk child doesn’t always apply to all of our students. Because of this, Clearview is devoted to the life skills development and experiential education for each teenager, and we do this with professionalism and care.
Because working with highly resistant adolescent girls is challenging, most programs rely on level systems, punishments, and other behavioral techniques to manage the teenager’s behavior. However, Clearview recognizes that the personal circumstances of one struggling child doesn’t always apply to all of our students. Because of this, Clearview’s licensed therapists are devoted to the management of each girls requirements; and they do this with professionalism and sympathy. At Clearview Girls Academy, we involve the entire family (especially the parents) in the girl’s therapy, recovery, and assistance. Clearview has served numerous struggling teenage girls over the years. Our track record has proven to cause life changing results for our students and their families.
Contact Clearview today at (888) 796-5484 to speak with one of our expert intake counselors. They are readily available to answer any questions about our enrollment fees, insurance affiliations, and proximity to Torrance, CA. Make Clearview and their therapeutic boarding school a life-changing and memorable experience for both your family and your struggling child.
“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, For His lovingkindness is everlasting. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the adversary” Psalms 107:1-2