What Are Group Homes For Troubled Teens from West Hills, CA?
Group homes for troubled teens from West Hills, CA, as the name aptly suggests, are residential treatment centers that operate and function more like a home than they do residential treatment centers. Proponents of the treatment claim this home-like atmosphere provides students with a more intimate form of counseling and trust between students, peers, and therapeutic staff. These specialized alternative forms of residential intervention are located throughout the US. and serve teens from all over (including those from West Hills, CA.
Those who believe in the therapeutic value of group homes say the work for a few fundamental reasons:
- It teaches teens how to operate and function as a family. As a result, teens can learn how to function successfully as a family unit and work together to solve problems.
- Group homes have a small number of staff and students (to simulate a home). This provides one-on-one attention and unique bonding opportunities that other, more robust residential programs cannot provide due to their relatively large number of students and staff.
- Teens are better prepped to return home. Thanks to living in a simulated home-like setting, teens are better suited to return home after spending up to a year practicing living in a simulated home-like environment.
What Types of Issues do Group Homes for Troubled Teens from West Hills, CA Treat?
While a highly specialized form of residential treatment, group homes are still residential treatment centers at the end of the day. That is to say that group homes, while specialized, still treat the same similar issues as that of a more traditional residential treatment center.
Group homes (including those in or around the West Hills, CA area) provide therapeutic services for the following behavioral, emotional, and mental disorders and issues:
- Drug and alcohol experimentation, abuse, and addiction
- Clinical anxiety
- School and academic-related issues
- Maladaptive and out-of-control behaviors (running away, skipping school, rebelliousness, etc.)
- Reactive attachment disorder (RAD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger management disorders
- Self-destructive or malicious behaviors (including self-harm, scratching, cutting, and other forms of self-mutilation)
- Irregular or dangerous eating habits and disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge, etc.)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Other forms of disrespect or otherwise out-of-control behaviors
Common issues among group homes include:
- Lack of health insurance coverage - while non-behavioral modifying group homes (such as those that treat those who have mental or physical deficits) commonly accept insurance provided coverage, most group homes that treat troubled youth do not.
- Exclusivity - Due to their inherently small size, group homes are more exclusive than other types of treatment programs, and therefore, are expensive.
- A long wait for treatment - Due to their small size, most group homes have a lengthy waiting list.
- Most home-setting programs do not treat behavioral issues in teens - The vast majority of group homes are not designed to treat teens' behavioral, psychological, or emotional problems. Instead, most of these facilities cater to mentally or physically disabled people who cannot otherwise live on their own.
What Kind of Therapies do Group Homes For Girls in West Hills, CA Provide?
As with any reputable residential program for troubled girls, top-tier group homes in West Hills, CA provide struggling young women with personalized psychiatric and behavioral therapy programs specifically designed for them, individually.
Affordable Clinical Help for Girls in Crisis
Fortunately for parents who, after researching group homes, if you feel as though it is not the most optimal treatment for their child, consider contacting us at Clearview. Clearview Girls Academy is a reputable proven alternative with over two decades and thousands of rehabilitated girls to further add legitimacy to their stellar record.
“But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them
a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:14
Mental Health Resources for At-risk Teenage Girls from West Hills, CA
Clearview Girls Academy is the optimal choice for parents from West Hills, CA who are investigating a superior therapeutic boarding school to offer assistance for their struggling child experiencing pornography addiction (online or magazines), sexual abuse, or gender dysphoria related obstacles. Since it can be difficult to work with highly resistant teenage girls, most programs rely heavily upon level systems, punishments, and other disciplinary tactics in order to manage a teenager’s behavior. Here at Clearview, we recognize that the situation of one struggling child may not apply to all of our students.
Our therapists are devoted to not only providing support to our students in need, but also the whole family; with the care and commitment required for full recovery. It is our desire to assist, guide, and coach parents from West Hills, CA, with a at-risk child, through a very difficult time. Clearview is here to serve! There is hope... and you are not alone. The vision of Clearview is to bring forth peace while transforming emotional health for struggling adolescent girls from West Hills, CA.
Because we specialize in a variety of relevant residential treatment strategies (equine, life training, behavioral therapy) and give outdoor recreation and adventure therapy, struggling adolescent girls can grow to be healthy adults, and Clearview’s students can emerge as strong people who are motivated to succeed. Clearview recognizes that the entire family needs the support that our expert therapists offer; so that your child can be rehabilitated and whole. Clearview’s intake counselors can be reached immediately at (888) 796-5484.
““Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, And whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account.” Romans 4:7-8